Hose Clamps and head o-rings

jonny042

I guess the title is self explanatory, but I'm wondering if the hose clamps and cylinder head o-rings on my TXT Pro are reusable, even once, or should you purchase new ones each time you want to take a hose off (or the cylinder head?

Thanks in advance, Jon

I guess the title is self explanatory, but I'm wondering if the hose clamps and cylinder head o-rings on my TXT Pro are reusable, even once, or should you purchase new ones each time you want to take a hose off (or the cylinder head?

Thanks in advance, Jon

Jon,

As far as the o-rings are concerned, although you can try to re-use them it's always a better idea to replace them. Inspect the old ones carefully for any cuts or shaved sides. You can clean then in ATF (other solvents may damage them) and then apply a light coating of grease before re-installing them.

The hose clips are reusable. Just use a small thin screwdriver to snap them off and a pair of pliers to snap them back on. They are, of course, diameter-specific and can only be used on a certain diameter of hose, unlike the worm-drive hose clamps.

Jon