ty175 gearing

tetly369

Ride it for a time the way it is. Once you have gained some skill you may or may not want to change the gearing. Unless you are quite tall or heavy you will probably find the bike to work well. The stock TY175 is one of the most ridden bikes in Vintage Trials.

Welcome aboard, enjoy.....

Hi mate,

My 175 has 12/51 gearing it makes 2nd and 3rd usable when seeking out grip in the mud. It was like it when I bought it so I cannot give you a comparison sorry.

It is fairly straight forward to change the gearbox sprocket, but I would give it a go first as it is.

Good Luck.

Ride it for a time the way it is. Once you have gained some skill you may or may not want to change the gearing. Unless you are quite tall or heavy you will probably find the bike to work well. The stock TY175 is one of the most ridden bikes in Vintage Trials.

Welcome aboard, enjoy.....

Thanks I will ride it for a bit and see how it go's.

Hi mate,

My 175 has 12/51 gearing it makes 2nd and 3rd usable when seeking out grip in the mud. It was like it when I bought it so I cannot give you a comparison sorry.

It is fairly straight forward to change the gearbox sprocket, but I would give it a go first as it is.

Good Luck.

Thanks for that I was considering lowering the gearing slightly so good to know thats a ridable option.

• 1 month later...

Hi,

Looking for a gearing starting point, rebuilt engine/clutch-high rev and 65kg rider :-)

Will kindly ask if any of you do have more ideas than 12-51(11-48)for semi-modern clubman..12-52, 53..starting at 2nd, changing to 1st and ends at 2nd...??

BR,