Help with setup

smallboy

Hi all

New to this,so i would like to ask the following:

How do you adjust the sag on my EVO 2010 250,i have read all the threads but still am struggling,i understand the measurement,but am struggling with the rest.

How do i adjust the rebound on my front forks?

How do i adjust the dammping on my front forks?

How do i adjust the rebound on my rear shock?

How do i adjust the damping on my rear shock?

How do i adjust the sag om my rear shock?

How do i adjust the sag on my front forks?

Sorry for the very basic questions,but i know if i ask you guys i will get the awnsers,please awnser in basic terms.

Cheers

Hi all

New to this,so i would like to ask the following:

How do you adjust the sag on my EVO 2010 250,i have read all the threads but still am struggling,i understand the measurement,but am struggling with the rest.

How do i adjust the rebound on my front forks?

How do i adjust the dammping on my front forks?

How do i adjust the rebound on my rear shock?

How do i adjust the damping on my rear shock?

How do i adjust the sag om my rear shock?

How do i adjust the sag on my front forks?

Sorry for the very basic questions,but i know if i ask you guys i will get the awnsers,please awnser in basic terms.

Cheers

question 1 and 2 is adjusted by the flat headed screw on top of right hand fork, clockwise = more damping

question 3 and 4 is adjusted by flat head screw on top of shock facing airbox, clockwise = more damping

question 5 is preload adjusted by compressing or relaxing rear spring. large silver nuts at bottom of spring

question 6 is preload adjuster, allan key on top of left hand fork, clockwise = more preload. ie less sag

Edited by jokerr

Now that you know where all of the adjustments are. Set the front and rear sag with you aboard the bike so that the bike settles about 1 1/2" to 2" into its stroke. Then set the rebound adjusters so that the susension rebounds as quickly as possible without causing you to loose control and veer off your line. Keep in mind a fast rebound speed makes the bike easyer to hop but you will loose climbing traction especially in slippery conditions. By experimenting you will find that suspension setup is very personal and based on how you like the bike to feel and the type of terrain and conditions you ride.