05 Front Fenders

titanium

Has anyone been having problems with the front fenders breaking on the 05 betas? We have gone through several in just a short time. I broke the front off mine, moved it back & refastened it. Broke it again 2 more times this way. Two times it broke going off a drop. I think the plastic is faulty, because this is my fourth rev3, and never broke a front fender before.

I just recently bought a new front fender for my '04 and it developed a crack within the first hour. Right at the point where the metal bracket underneath ends. I agree with the others, I drilled and zip tied this one up as at $65 a pop, they get expensive quick.

Never broken a front on a Beta (cue snapping noise this Sunday...).

Not noticed any 05 front beakages.

Did manage to crack rear first time out on the 05. Nothing dramatic, just a soft low siding five.

Here in UK I'd put this all down to the cold weather, and my astonishing riding skills.

Nothing constructive to add to this discussion apart from an anecdote: I was in my local dealer's last week to buy an '04 Rev3 front mudguard. They only had an '05 one in stock and since it's the same as the '04 with different graphics, I bought that. The next two people who came in were both looking for '05 front mudguards (and I'd just bought the last one).

I still haven't fitted it since my existing one isn't broken, just a bit bent and gouged. It seems to me that these things might become valuable pretty soon - offers? eBay? :D:(

My son has broke three front mudgaurds since december on his beta 80.One snapped just by a small branch going between the wheel and mudgaurd at about one mile an hour.It cost me more in mudgaurds than it cost to enter the trial and petrol for the day :(

• 2 weeks later...

• 2 weeks later...