Showa shock

vgstef

Does any body have any experience with a showa shock ? I know that the Top trial team are using the showa shock and Tony Bou is also using the showa. I am not very impressed with the shock on the BETA evo 2009. I know they made some modification on the 2010 model.

Thank you

Eric

Edited by VGSTEF

Not 100% sure on the showa's myself but on my 2010 evo I am using an Ohlins which is very good. I know as you say TTT are using them & Dibs has always used Showa's on his bikes, I think standard Monts also use them as well, See if you can get a go on someone's Mont, it will probably give you an idea if you like it.

Edited by BenBeta23

Not 100% sure on the showa's myself but on my 2010 evo I am using an Ohlins which is very good. I know as you say TTT are using them & Dibs has always used Showa's on his bikes, I think standard Monts also use them as well, See if you can get a go on someone's Mont, it will probably give you an idea if you like it.

Raga is using showa also ?

http://www.bosioffroad.it/components/com_virtuemart/shop_image/product/Ammorizzatore_Be_4c529a2c310d4.jpg

They are expensive .

BANYERES

Edited by VGSTEF

Raga could well be using one, I think there strongest point is for massive drop off's, Probably why a lot of the top riders use them. Bosi sell them at 800 euros which is about 673 pounds, Which seems pretty dam expensive for a shocker.

Raga could well be using one, I think there strongest point is for massive drop off's, Probably why a lot of the top riders use them. Bosi sell them at 800 euros which is about 673 pounds, Which seems pretty dam expensive for a shocker.

You can see all the internal parts of the shock in the pictures. Click on Preparations on the top left.

Pictures

Edited by VGSTEF

Does any body have any experience with a showa shock ? I know that the Top trial team are using the showa shock and Tony Bou is also using the showa. I am not very impressed with the shock on the BETA evo 2009. I know they made some modification on the 2010 model.

Thank you

Eric

Hi

I've a 2010 4RT with the standard Showa shock. What can I say-it's very supple and smooth over small stuff, lets me find all the grip that my abilities allow, can be hopped about if you like that kind of thing and I've yet to bottom it on a drop off.

I know it's probably not the same as Bou and co use but it seems great to me and if you can buy a new one which has been fine tuned to weight, riding style etc, I should imagine it would be just fine.

Best wishes

Will-in-the-mud.