4rt gear oil white

dye29

hy is this normal iv just dropped the gear oil on my 4rt and its like a white colour i havnt changed it for a while and cant remeber what colour it was when i put it in but it was motul there isnt any extra oil just normal amount so it shudnt be the water pump water passing

A milky white fluid generally is condensation of some kind. It could be two things: one, if coolant is leaking into the gear oil and, two, if the transmission vent is blocked, moisture will be drawn in when the bike cools.

i was hopeing you wernt going to say that it could be coolant cos that would mean water pump seal and shaft are gone could it just be the oil has had its life because i havnt changed it for over 20hrs use

Even old oil will not turn white.

not sure thats the first thing ill check the thing i dont get is there was hardly any oil come out would it do it any harm putting some other oil in and running it abit to see again

B40RT had a good question. Has there been a loss of coolant? That would be a good indicator that it wound up in the gearbox, if so. The other thing that bothers me is, you mentioned the gear oil level was low. Has that gone into the coolant system? Is the coolant a muddy brown liquid now? This could open a whole new can of worms.

B40RT had a good question. Has there been a loss of coolant? That would be a good indicator that it wound up in the gearbox, if so. The other thing that bothers me is, you mentioned the gear oil level was low. Has that gone into the coolant system? Is the coolant a muddy brown liquid now? This could open a whole new can of worms.

oh i dont like the sound of this lol, recently ive stripped bike down to powdercoat so totaly drained rad when i rebuilt it last week i just filled rad up until it filled but i think your supose to run it to get fluid round then check level again which i never did yet one other thing the oil that cum from bike is in a jug and its not white now also if there was water in it then it wud sit on top of oil which it isnt so with anylook its ok but any ideas which route to take regards ste

oh i dont like the sound of this lol, recently ive stripped bike down to powdercoat so totaly drained rad when i rebuilt it last week i just filled rad up until it filled but i think your supose to run it to get fluid round then check level again which i never did yet one other thing the oil that cum from bike is in a jug and its not white now also if there was water in it then it wud sit on top of oil which it isnt so with anylook its ok but any ideas which route to take regards ste

oil floats

Stand a warm bike in a stream and the cooling gearbox will suck water up the vent pipe.

And is a very good reason to have the vent go up to the headstock.....

hy so all the black rubber tubing pipes that come from several parts of engine to redirect all up to face stock regards ste