EVO Brake Pad Problems

smallboy

Hi all

I keep having the same problem with my brakes on my evo.Everytime i wash my bike,leave it for a week,when i ride it the brakes have lost any bite,they squeal and groan but hardly stop,if i ride it with the brakes on,the front comes back about 75%,but the rear just rub with no real stopping power,i get them hot and squirt water on the disc,s when hot which helps but not cure.The only time i get good brakes is when i fit new pads.I do wash my bike with a pressure washer and finish it off with cleanng spray (muc off).Are they staying wet,should being damp effect to this degree?

Any ideas please?

Cheers

David

Hi all

I keep having the same problem with my brakes on my evo.Everytime i wash my bike,leave it for a week,when i ride it the brakes have lost any bite,they squeal and groan but hardly stop,if i ride it with the brakes on,the front comes back about 75%,but the rear just rub with no real stopping power,i get them hot and squirt water on the disc,s when hot which helps but not cure.The only time i get good brakes is when i fit new pads.I do wash my bike with a pressure washer and finish it off with cleanng spray (muc off).Are they staying wet,should being damp effect to this degree?

Any ideas please?

Cheers

David

Sounds as if your "cleaning spray". or some other polish/chemical is getting on the pads, and or disc.

After washing my bike I start the motor and get it hot enough to cycle the fan. I also drive the bike and drag the brakes until they stop squeeling and dryout. I sometimes remove the generator cover so the generator can dryout. I dont use any type of after wash spray.

Edited by Liviob