isle Of Man - amazing for trials!

trials_125

I don't know if any of you have ever been to the Isle Of Man, but it's a beautiful place.

I am currently on the Island visiting family, and managed to get up a 3 mile old mine track which took up to a rock quarry with some of the most beautiful scenery I have ever saw! The Island really is fantastic, with trials riding being a big hit over there...people doesn't really seem to care where you ride; as long as you are not abusing the land!

Go home Sunday, and will truly miss it :(

Is anyone doing the Manx 2 day this year?

Happy memories it was during the Manx one year when a mate of mine coined a good phrase still applicable today; we were all pushing and shoving to get through last sections , I recall them being on rocks with the tide coming in, a guy arrived and promptly just went to front of the que , my mate got of his bike went up to him and said the immprtal words see that (pointing to the back of the queue) the guy grunted and mate quickly followed up with its the back of the F ing queue get there... never saw anybody move so fast. But yes fab place to ride, I don't know if it is still same arrangement the trial is weekend between practicing and racing (Manx not TT) so we always got to see a bit of RR action and all king of bikes on Douglas parade, oh and the kippers.... anyway like all places local knowledge is most important

yes the 2 day is still and will always be inbetween practice and race week at the MGP. In other words, August bank holiday weekend.

Entries open 2 weeks today!

Not a great many places to practice, mostly government owned quarries and plantations which are off limits. There are some privately owned areas but you need permission to access them.

The old Laxey mines, above the Laxey Wheel are an excellent day out, plenty to do and when the weather is good, it makes it better! But as i said thats about the only place you can legally ride without permission.

yes the 2 day is still and will always be inbetween practice and race week at the MGP. In other words, August bank holiday weekend.

Entries open 2 weeks today!

Not a great many places to practice, mostly government owned quarries and plantations which are off limits. There are some privately owned areas but you need permission to access them.

The old Laxey mines, above the Laxey Wheel are an excellent day out, plenty to do and when the weather is good, it makes it better! But as i said thats about the only place you can legally ride without permission.

Go up the Laxey mines quite often, what an awesome place to ride! Thanks for the useful information.

Alex.