My Colmore Cup 2011 photos

mach1point02

Last Sunday saw me attend my first ever trials event, the 2011 Colmore Cup. Awesome fun even without the added interest of my passion for photography, and I've never been to a motorsport event before where I've sometimes needed to use a wide angle lens or a flash gun! :) So far removed from the usual clinical environment of circuit racing.

All photos shot with a Canon 400D (as the EXIF info will tell you) and most using my Canon 24-105mm L Series lens. The rest were shot with a Canon 70-300 IS USM II. The flash where used was a Canon 580EX II.

Full instructions given as some forum Users may be unfamiliar with Flickr:

1. Click here

2. Then single click the first (top left) of the small thumbnails in the grid and wait for it to load

3. Now single click on the photo that opened from the thumbnail

4. Now press "Next" to step through the photos

The words being spoken in this shot were "Bloody hell, not you again!" as I turned up on my fourth stage of the day!

Anyway, comments welcome and I hope that especially for the riders and officials they give some fun.

Edited by Mach1point02
  • Like 1

Last Sunday saw me attend my first ever trials event, the 2011 Colmore Cup. Awesome fun even without the added interest of my passion for photography, and I've never been to a motorsport event before where I've sometimes needed to use a wide angle lens or a flash gun! :) So far removed from the usual clinical environment of circuit racing.

All photos shot with a Canon 400D (as the EXIF info will tell you) and most using my Canon 24-105mm L Series lens. The rest were shot with a Canon 70-300 IS USM II. The flash where used was a Canon 580EX II.

Full instructions given as some forum Users may be unfamiliar with Flickr:

1. Click here

2. Then single click the first (top left) of the small thumbnails in the grid and wait for it to load

3. Now single click on the photo that opened from the thumbnail

4. Now press "Next" to step through the photos

The words being spoken in this shot were "Bloody hell, not you again!" as I turned up on my fourth stage of the day!

Anyway, comments welcome and I hope that especially for the riders and officials they give some fun.

Great photos, glad you enjoyed it. You certainly seemed to be having fun watching.