Beta Techno 1998 270?

si7

Hi

Collecting a 1998 Beta Techno on the weekend, I'm pretty sure it's a 98 with the Dougie Lampkin replica black/white/silver colours rather than the purple 97 model but it's advertised as a 270, can't find ANY 1998 Beta 270's, only 250's. Could it be a 270? Any way of telling externally? I'm not fussed either way but just wondered on the cc. Also it has silver forks not gold if that helps.

Cheers

Well if they officially made one then my mind's at rest. I was going by the Beta website here, this is my bike (although mine has silver forks..) the 270's didn't get listed until '99 spec :

http://www.betatrialuk.com/content/view/77/51/

Techno 98 - manufactured approx. Sept 97 - Aug 98.

Engine sizes produced 125cc 200cc 250cc

I've actually found an online 97/98 workshop manual that shows the 270 motor although it's a bit poor quality, does anyone have a manual they could link/send?

Cheers

Edited by Si7

The earlier bikes all came as a 250, but the 270 kit was available. The cylinder has no markings that I can see as I have the kit on a bike and still have the original cylinder.

Edited by lineaway

I recently got myself a cheap 1996 Gas Gas JTR 270. With it came a letter from Gas Gas saying the bike was indeed a JTR 270 and it was 256cc. Could this be the same sort of thing that although they call it a "270" it is infact a 250 engine or something? - I am a newbie to trials bikes though so dont take that as gospel, just a suggestion.