02 Beta Carb

gregkabob

Can anyone shed some light on this pic. The carb in my 02 Rev 3 has a ball instead of a needle and seat. I plan to put a needle in it and was wondering if it came this way originally or if it was some kind of a mod? The bike was leaking fuel badly when parked so I took the carb apart to clean it (which it look very clean to me) and blew out the ball which so far has stoppe the leakinf of fuel. The bike runs great but there's the mystery of this ball. I'm very new to trials so this inquiring mind want to know.

One guy said it looks like a snowmobile set up.

IMG_2368.jpg

gregkabob...

I'm 99.9 percent sure that my Rev3 02 is NOT like that.

I would guess its some kind of mod that a previous owner did??

Be patient..you're sure to get some good info regarding this. THere are some very good posters on this forum. Luckily most of them know more than me!! ;):D

Thanks Fellas'. I received an email from Billy T and he said the he thought this was done when the bikes came into the country to try and stop the leaking. His suggestion was to take out the ball and replace it with the needle and seat and set it up per his intructions (which I have printed out and ready to go). I did order the parts and they should be in the mail today. I'll wait till next week to to the swap as the bike runs good and I have a trials on Sunday. Don't want to muck that up just in case something goes wrong.

Edited by gregkabob