Fantic section

bambam_n_chunx

Could someone let me know which carb a 95 FM 364 fantic section should have and if possible the standard settings. I need a little help to get the carburation set up on mine. The carb fitted looks to have a smaller mouth than others I have and doesnt fit well in its rubber mount. Also the bike seems to want to surge on tickover.

Finally what size is the section FM364 as It doesnt have it stamped in the case as normal? I guessed it was a 250cc as I have a 303 and that is also a FM364 but now its running i`m not so sure.

Andy

Edited by bambam_n_chunx

Could someone let me know which carb a 95 FM 364 fantic section should have and if possible the standard settings. I need a little help to get the carburation set up on mine. The carb fitted looks to have a smaller mouth than others I have and doesnt fit well in its rubber mount. Also the bike seems to want to surge on tickover.

Finally what size is the section FM364 as It doesnt have it stamped in the case as normal? I guessed it was a 250cc as I have a 303 and that is also a FM364 but now its running i`m not so sure.

Andy

I owned a Fantic Section '95 from new and the Carb. was a mess from the start. Very inconsistent regardless of jetting changes. I finally gave up and installed a Carb. from a mid '90s GG which I believe was a couple of MM smaller. Had to install a manifold spacer on the inlet side. This carb. was available to me as a friend installed a Kehin on his GG and no longer needed it. The only problem was that the idle and mixture adjustments were on the opposite side which required a very long screw driver to make adjustments.

I never had a problem after that even while riding in higher elevations. I ended up selling most of the parts on ebay last year and the carb. is gone, so I am unable to supply any # advice.

Thanks for the reply.

I seem to have it a little better now than it was, not sure if its anything to do with the power valve. It pops 2 or 3 times then wants to rev a bit before settling down and so on.

I may try a different carb when I get the chance and see if there is any difference.

Still not sure of the cc and I dont fancy taking the head off to find out. Any help with the model number fm 364 would be good.

Andy

Thanks for the reply.

I seem to have it a little better now than it was, not sure if its anything to do with the power valve. It pops 2 or 3 times then wants to rev a bit before settling down and so on.

I may try a different carb when I get the chance and see if there is any difference.

Still not sure of the cc and I dont fancy taking the head off to find out. Any help with the model number fm 364 would be good.

Andy

You can wire the power valve open completely (via the power valve linkage) as it was not a very effective system. I am sure you would notice very little difference with it fully open.