Anyone know this part?

camer0n

Recently took off my fly wheel to see why there was no power going to the fan. once i opened it this part fell out figured out it was the coil that creates the power for the fan cant find it on splat shop because i dont know what it is called anyone know what it is?

Thanks in advance.

http://img692.imageshack.us/i/21029115.png/

Edited by camer0n

Recently took off my fly wheel to see why there was no power going to the fan. once i opened it this part fell out figured out it was the coil that creates the power for the fan cant find it on splat shop because i dont know what it is called anyone know what it is?

Thanks in advance.

http://img692.imageshack.us/i/21029115.png/

it appears you need a stator, doesn't seem to offer the charge coil seperatly, looks like you have to buy the whole thing, this normal for modern bikes accross the board to not offer the coils seperatly

Edited by MotoVintage

This seems to be an older Ducati ignition setup. I cannot see from the pics exactly what part is loose. The black thin is thi ignition trigger i think.

If the bike were running otherwise, cannot see that being loose?

If you are dealing with a fan issue, the rectifier and regulator (either) or the thermo switch could cause problems.

Contact Steve at motoplat uk and see what he has to say. I think the yellow wire powers up everything on them. Ignition, fan and lighting. Without separate source coils for ignition only. :rolleyes:

• 2 weeks later...