2003 315r Fork Problem.

montaco

My mate has just rebuilt his forks after stripping to fit new seals. After a couple of minutes ridng around, the forks seem to pump up almost solid and there is little or no compression movement. He's strippped and checked and everything appears to be as it should.

Any ideas please?.

• 4 years later...

im having the same problem..... im getting tired,,,,, it seems to be only my right side leg so, what levels should i use, i saw a mark in the inner side of each fork and thats where i filled it up to, what did i do wrong?

what level should i use? are we talking about the showa forks?

Problem solved. It seems as though both the 2003 Montesa manual and Sandifords are incorrect about the amount of oil required in the forks.

I've recently changed the fork seals and replaced the oil on my 2003 315R and used the oil quantities recommended in the workshop manual without any problems, so what are you on about?

Are you sure you understand what the manual says?

If so (or not), what oil quantities do you recommend then, and why are you right and Honda/Montesa wrong?

• 2 weeks later...

Its also worth mentioning that the Right hand leg deals with damping, so the left leg will never feel like the right one as it does not have any adjustments or the same action. you'll notice the compression adjustment on the Left leg an allen key. with the damping adjuster knob on the right... As I remember...