Flywheel Cover

dave

Dave - did you create the cover as a solid model in a CAD system and then output a stereo lithography part? What solid modeler are you using?

What's next? Create an investment casting and CNC the net part? Details man! DETAILS!

So what are the plans for a sprocket guard. I see you have a spot to mount it, are you gonna make a sprocket guard spperately, I suppose it would be good to be able to whip off to get any crud out.

Looks very impressive though, if you start making them alot of people will want to buy one!

That is brilliant. I work with technology every day, but that is unbelievable.

License to print money if you pardon the pun.

Don't suppose you can print me one of these off.

She's only small. ;)

post-5-1109882846.jpg

Edited by bikespace

Hey..bikespace..you's got good taste man!!

I remember when i worked on the building site for a couple of years..everytime she came on the radio we'd down tools and dance on the scaffold!..that was back in 1989 though!.....still looks good eh!? :wacko:

She's not bad for an old bird.

Sorry didn't mean to hijack the topic Dave, just can't resist a quip. My response was because I was amazed how easy it seemed.

How long does it take you to knock drawings up? What's the cost for actually producing something like that?

The drawings look like they'd probably take me a year to produce for starters.

Looks damned good - personalised plastics - you'll make a mint.

Someone got too much time on their hands at work??!!

How strong is this 'printed' plastic?

I'm a toolmaker, i saw one of these printers at an exhibition at the NEC. bloody clever! was 'printing' a city map, with all buildings and contours on it, v.impressive!

back to above.... i'd guess this'd have to be milled from an ally or plastic billet wouldn't it? how strong do the layers of plastic bond together? would it stand up to water, etc? :wacko:

(in no way knockin it - mega-impressed! just askin'!)

From bits and bobs that ive already made on the printer i am hoping it should be as strong or even stranger than the standard one. I should get round to making the final one during next week, so next weekend it will be properly put to the test, and i will let you know how it goes.