choke lever and clutch 92 320

searay175

I just picked up a 92 320. I have a few issues to sort out.

#1 the choke lever will not stay in the on or lifted position. I can start it by holding the lever up but it's a pain. I have yet to take it apart to check it out so if anyone has had this happen let me know the results.

#2 The clutch doesn't disengage all of the time. I am planning to bleed the hydraulic lines and change the gearcase oil.

Thanks! New to the Gas Gas from vintage Yamaha's

I just picked up a 92 320. I have a few issues to sort out.

#1 the choke lever will not stay in the on or lifted position. I can start it by holding the lever up but it's a pain. I have yet to take it apart to check it out so if anyone has had this happen let me know the results.

#2 The clutch doesn't disengage all of the time. I am planning to bleed the hydraulic lines and change the gearcase oil.

Thanks! New to the Gas Gas from vintage Yamaha's

I think there's a spring in the lever assembly (if it's a PHBL) that you'll see when you pull it out and it may have broken/sacked. That spring locks down the lever in the up position as well as putting pressure on the piston to seal off the passageway for the enrichening circuit.

Be sure to check the master cylinder, you might need a rebuild kit as the bore may be a little tapered with age/use, so the piston seal will not last as long as a new M/C seal would.

Jon

I think there's a spring in the lever assembly (if it's a PHBL) that you'll see when you pull it out and it may have broken/sacked. That spring locks down the lever in the up position as well as putting pressure on the piston to seal off the passageway for the enrichening circuit.

Be sure to check the master cylinder, you might need a rebuild kit as the bore may be a little tapered with age/use, so the piston seal will not last as long as a new M/C seal would.

Jon

Thanks Jon! I'll check the carb when I get to the "new to me going over this weekend" I've read many of your posts from the Yamaha forums and appreciate your knowledge. I went to trials last weekend to ride my TY350 only to try this 320 and bring it home. It seems to have a big flywheel, much like the TY as it "tractors" or will chug down pretty good.

Thanks! Steve

I started going over the bike tonight and wish I had put penetrating oil on the slave bleeder as it twisted off in the banjo bolt. I have it soaking and hope to be able to remove it with heat and a easyout. Not sure if it is a std brake bleeder.

The choke lever hits the bottom of the tank as it stays in the open position fine with the tank off.