gasket sealant

bondy

hello all can anybody addvice me on witch gasket sealant to buy? ive got a verry slight leak on the clutch case ive gone through tree gaskets now. cant understand why its leaking was ok when i first built the bike but since i took it back off to do the clutch its got a leak. so for good measure gonner put abit of sealant on. ive look on the net what avalabel theres loads to choose. would i be better with a non setting sealant so if i need to take the cover off for any reason i wont need to be hammering it off. please help :wall:

Any flexible/silicone based oil resistant gasket sealant should be fine - e.g. Loctite or Hylomar

Bigger question is why is is leaking in the first place? Can you not see the affected area? Have you tried gently sanding surfaces with wet&dry by sticking wet&dry to PERFECTLY FLAT surface (bench or table top) and gently sanding the mating surface on it?

Also inspect the engine casing side closely for any burrs or left over pieces of gasket that could be causing the leak.

Any flexible/silicone based oil resistant gasket sealant should be fine - e.g. Loctite or Hylomar

Bigger question is why is is leaking in the first place? Can you not see the affected area? Have you tried gently sanding surfaces with wet&dry by sticking wet&dry to PERFECTLY FLAT surface (bench or table top) and gently sanding the mating surface on it?

Also inspect the engine casing side closely for any burrs or left over pieces of gasket that could be causing the leak.

thanks for your help i think it may be a bit of old gasket or a burr i couldnt get to the bit where it is leaking. ive had to take the bash plate off. ill drain the oil off mop the oil up and dry it before sanding it got new gasket. thanks for your help :thumbup: