bing carb

bondy

hi all i can onely get my 199A started by puting fuel down the head. ive put new bing carb on witch came with wrong jets. now ive put the right jets in still same. once ive got her going she runs. the inlet pipe is on the right side. and ive got a inline fiter witch some times i have to mess about with to get the fuel going throw. but when ive took the plug of befor puting fuel down the head its been abit wet. ive set the air screw one and a half turns anti clock wise. and playd about with the tick over screw.ive only ajusted the throtel ajuster on the bars. and on top of the carb i need help please

hi all i can onely get my 199A started by puting fuel down the head. ive put new bing carb on witch came with wrong jets. now ive put the right jets in still same. once ive got her going she runs. the inlet pipe is on the right side. and ive got a inline fiter witch some times i have to mess about with to get the fuel going throw. but when ive took the plug of befor puting fuel down the head its been abit wet. ive set the air screw one and a half turns anti clock wise. and playd about with the tick over screw.ive only ajusted the throtel ajuster on the bars. and on top of the carb i need help please

You dont need an in line filter there is a bajo filter on the carb, btw make sure thats clean.

check the floats are working right and they usually are no bother. it should start on choke with little or no throttle.

Is the timing right?

You dont need an in line filter there is a bajo filter on the carb, btw make sure thats clean.

check the floats are working right and they usually are no bother. it should start on choke with little or no throttle.

Is the timing right?

Jets should be 125 Main, 40 Pilot, mixture screw should only be out about 3/4 of a turn. What is your needle position?

Is the timing right?

hi thanks for your addvice. i dont really know if the timing is right. ive never done timing on bultacos before. once ive got it started she pulls ok been up and down the close a few times. and she ticks over but i have been trying to get the tick over right. and the air screw. i was thinking of buying a TDC tool of bultaco uk. but dont want to mess about with the timing if i dont have to. i know at some point i will. whats the best way to ajust the timing. and what should it be?

Jets should be 125 Main, 40 Pilot, mixture screw should only be out about 3/4 of a turn. What is your needle position?

hi yes all jets or the right size got them of bultaco uk. as for the 3/4 turn on the air screw i did that as it says in the manual. for give me but when it comes to numbers im rubish. is this half a turn and a quarter turns out from dead bottom? :blush: