290 only runs on choke

t5vanman

Hi all just got a 290 2007 sherco it will only run and start with the choke on hot or cold when the choke is switched of it cuts out. I can keep it running buy bliping the throttle but it is really flat to much gas it stalls and it runs really eratic but turn the choke on it's fine. Carb has been striped cleaned blown out new plug new fuel but still the same help please.

Agreed. This carby cleaning thing is not always just a easy peasy thing. One spec of silica sand, transparent even wheen looking through the jet, can block things, so you really might think about removing the pilot jet and fuel screw, flushing backwards through the small passages in the throttle bore with carby cleaner followed by air, then find a fine wire that will pass through the pilot jet and do the same.

I use a strand off a small wire brush.

Clean your banjo screen as well. After done, you should be able to eat off the thing, totally clean. :thumbup:

Agreed. This carby cleaning thing is not always just a easy peasy thing. One spec of silica sand, transparent even wheen looking through the jet, can block things, so you really might think about removing the pilot jet and fuel screw, flushing backwards through the small passages in the throttle bore with carby cleaner followed by air, then find a fine wire that will pass through the pilot jet and do the same.

I use a strand off a small wire brush.

Clean your banjo screen as well. After done, you should be able to eat off the thing, totally clean. :thumbup:

Thanks guys I will strip her down again today and try again I might order some new jets from splat just to make sure the bike has been standing for a long time there was muck in the fuel tank air box and carb and the jets had green grud around them it wasn't good cheers.

Bike sorted striped the carb complete and cleaned with wire brush carb cleaner and an air line fitted new hose from tank to carb kicked it over with no choke fired up first time and ticked over perfect rides smooth and power of the throttle thanks for the help.