Rev 3 Footrest Hangers

grahamjayzee

Hi All,

I'm slowly evolving my old 2001 rev3 into a later model. It now has 2005 airbox and associated gubbins and 2005 swingarm. It's when you do silly things like this that you realise how many subtle changes have been made to apparently similar parts!

I'm trying to be thorough and really refresh the bike. I have noticed whilst the rear end was removed just how much the pegs have sagged. The droop is clearly caused by the hangers being quite deformed. I found the Trials-cast hangers on 'tinternet and they look great. The guys at Trials-cast have clearly seen this as a common problem. However, their offering is for 2007 onward bikes. I can't find any pictures of this part of the bike to compare. Does anyone know the answer to the following:

1. How different is the frame, and can the frame or hangers be adapted to fit a 2001 frame?

2. If not, does anyone else make a similar strong and reasonably priced hanger?

I will only remove the old ones if I have an alternative as the bending has bent the bolts and I fear the whole plot will need cutting off!

Thanks all

Graham

I am also refreshing an 01 rev3 Beta. The only updates i performed were to install an 02 airbox and assorted parts necessary to retrofit the new airbox. I also needed to replace the footrest hangers as they were both bent. I used a set of new stock hangers because i didnt know where to find somthing sturdyer. I also am going to use a new set of the stock Beta footrests because they bend so easily. The stock hangers will hopefully last longer if the footrests yield first.

Edited by Liviob