EVO Headstock question.

smallboy

Hi all

Just stripped the headstock on my EVO,on reassembling,i notice the headstock collar that tightens the bearing cover down has a circular ridge on one side,should the ridget face down or up towards the handlebar clamp?

Cheers

Hi all

Just stripped the headstock on my EVO,on reassembling,i notice the headstock collar that tightens the bearing cover down has a circular ridge on one side,should the ridget face down or up towards the handlebar clamp?

Cheers

Looking at my assembled one, I see the bearing cover, and a slight space between it and the collar, with no space at all between the collar and the triple clamp. The space between the bearing cover and collar appears to be filled with a washer that is of a much smaller diameter that the bearing cover, or collar. I am guessing that this is not a separate washer at all, but the "circular ridge" you are describing, machined into the collar itself. If any of this makes any sense, it would seem that the ridge goes down, creating the slight gap between itself, and the bearing cover.

Edited by DGShannon