New Member with Fantic Section

cafe55

Hello,

Glad to be here. I recently bought a 1995 Section (Black and Orange) for $800 and naturally had some newbie (newbie to Fantic) questions. I've been lurking the site for a few days now, even before I bought the bike, and gathered this bike has some mixed virtues (even when it was new). I went ahead and bought it anyway fully knowing that there's no longer support for the bike and that it could easily end up as my next boat anchor.

However, it starts and idles well and shifted through all the gears without problem. No oil leaks I could see or parts missing. Just some fade and scuffing on the plastics and paint.

Had a couple questions:

- Did all sections have headlights? This one does not and there's no plug hanging that I can see. Wondered if anyone had one they wanted to part with and if it would be easy enough to splice in if it didn

Isaac, Parts are not unreasonable to find in the US. Mike Komer at the Tryals Shop in NY was the importer, nice web site with prompt shipping. He has a good stock of replacement parts. He is also in contact with many of the original providers of parts to Fantic and can order new pieces.

You don't need a seat, it's a trials bike. You stand all the time

Yeogene,

Thanks, for the reply and the tip on the parts source. I'll ping Mike at TS and see if he has what I need.

Yeah, I know what you mean about strapping a seat on a trials bike. It may seem a bit sacrilegious and defeats the purpose but I've been visiting a particular high mountain lake the last few years that has a section that I think only a modern trials bike can handle but yet has some really long stretches' along the way. I've used my dual sport and vintage TL125 but they can't seem to cut it in the tech section, though this could also be attributed to pilot error but it was nice to have that seat.

I'm in love with the whole idea of trials competition, and I could get allot more serious later but I think for now want to see if I can get double duty out of the Section. We'll see.

Thanks again, for your input.

Isaac

Isaac, Parts are not unreasonable to find in the US. Mike Komer at the Tryals Shop in NY was the importer, nice web site with prompt shipping. He has a good stock of replacement parts. He is also in contact with many of the original providers of parts to Fantic and can order new pieces.

You don't need a seat, it's a trials bike. You stand all the time

• 4 months later...

Hi Izaac

I'm new to trials and this site so I hope this finds you well. I have also recently got a fantic section and it has a switch on the handlebars for Light, a horn and the engine kill switch so I assume they did have lights. Most of the pictures I've found in Google show it with a small head and tail light.

My bike has been owned by a real animal in the past and has not been well looked after. I have a list as long as my arm of repairs/resto but I got the bike cheap as a winter project so wish me luck.

I see you have manual, yes they are like rocking horse ****, I would really appreciate a copy. We have very few Fantic suppliers I the uk so if you can direct me to one in the US I would be greatfull. I can do likewise for you if you

Hello Arthur,

Yes, my Section was striped of all its night capabilities. The PO lost all the pieces and are now probably in the third dimension somewhere. I havent had a lot of luck finding a head light, etc. but I keep lurking eBay in the UK and here in the States. The bike ran great when I got it but latley have had some carb issues. I think it just needs a good cleaning. The PO gave me an information booklet with it that I think was peice mealed together from the Italian manual. From what I understand Mike Comer at the the Tryals Shop in New York was the sole distributor here in the States and put this English Info booklet together for his Fantic customers. It has alot of parts diagrams and some specs but very little to no info on maintiance schedules and required fluids for the bike. I'll try and post a PDF again but the last attempt my scanner cut off the lower section of the page because the booklet is in an 8x14 format. I'm going to try and re-copy the doc into 8x11 or reduce it and then scan it. Hopfully, that will work.

In the mean time, wonder if you could do me the favor and check where the refill spout is on your cooling system. Mine was routed through an opening at the top of the frame, that I found out after removing the fuel tank, was pinched off rendering it useless in that position for topping off or re-filling. In all the photos I've seen, the spout cap is not visible.

Let's stay in touch.

Isaac

Hi Izaac

I'm new to trials and this site so I hope this finds you well. I have also recently got a fantic section and it has a switch on the handlebars for Light, a horn and the engine kill switch so I assume they did have lights. Most of the pictures I've found in Google show it with a small head and tail light.

My bike has been owned by a real animal in the past and has not been well looked after. I have a list as long as my arm of repairs/resto but I got the bike cheap as a winter project so wish me luck.

I see you have manual, yes they are like rocking horse ****, I would really appreciate a copy. We have very few Fantic suppliers I the uk so if you can direct me to one in the US I would be greatfull. I can do likewise for you if you

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Isaac,

Your filler cap is in the correct position but it should have a small expansion tank just behind the opening in the frame. I've took some pictures send me an email to arthurreid24@gmail.com and Ill send you them, I can't sus how you attached them to this message.

Your correct about the manual, there was none so anything you have would be greatly appreciated. I have some exploded diagrams of a K-roo but I