fueling

thomastomsk

my 2007 raga 300 runs fine when the throtle is open,, but when on tick over seens as though its being starved of fuel,,,,it runs ok when the mixture screw on the carb is screwed right in but then this affects the bike when the throtle is opened but when i unscrew the mixture screw on the carb it stalls ,,,,any help would be greatfull...thanks ps pulling the choke out on tickover stops this

Clearly its running very weak. I'd clean out the carb, remove jets and blow everything through with an air line. Make sure the float level is correct and that fuel is entering the carb through the float needle valve. Having done that I'd check for what I reckon is the most likely cause of your problem; an air leak on the intake side of the carb. Has the inlet rubber split or become so mis-shaped that it leaks? Are the gaskets between the inlet manifold, reedblock, spacer and crankcase all good? Try all that before you go changing jets or settings.