Seeley..what Carb?

griffiths of wales

Mark, tried to reply to your Email, but your address is not recognised (MAILBOX NOT FOUND)......... Anyway, to answer your question:

The carb on my bike is a Keihin PC 04 BRK..........Pilot Jet - 38. Main

Jet - 105. Needle - 8234, clip in the middle position. Air screw out 2 and

three-quarter turns.

With regards finding one, I have absolutely no idea!! You could try Keihin

Europe Ltd.(Craven House, 40 Uxbridge Road, London W5, 2BS, U.K. Tel : +44 (0)20 8810 1266 FAX : +44 (0)20 8810 1277)

A lot of engine parts are readily available due to being based on XL185,

though Piston & rings can be got from Wiseco UK (Vic Eastwood), Gaskets

Galore made me head gaskets, though they need an original to work from.

Hope this helps, anything else I can do, let me know.

Stuart.

Absolutely brilliant Stu,

I have the same needle in mine but the clip is on the 2nd groove from the sharp end.

Just got my carb back from Allen's ' can't help you with that Sir' Performance R & D and noticed (should have done before I sent it) that the face that clamps to the head manifold is very badly bent (concave) and must be letting in loads of air, just got the faced milled.

Also found that the plug fitted is definately not the recommended brand or type and is pretty well sooted up, I'm going to get an NGK asap.

I'm going to give it a whirl again tonight.

Thanks again for the info, much appreciated.

Best regards, Mark.

PS Just updated my profile (email etc)

If you end up needing another carb, Ellastone off-road in Staffordshire have brought a few Honda RS200 bikes and RS200TE engines in from Japan over the years, so may have some carbs there.

Don't know their number offhand but they have an ad each week in spares section of TMX.

Refitted the carb after milling the face as described and the engine idles and revs out much better.

There is a noticeable 'ticking' from the top of the cylinder head, not sure if its a trait of this engine or wear in the camshaft area.

Making a new sump guard, lighter back brake lever, replacing old fixings and its off to the mountains...Cheers lads

Mark.