125 F

dixie

Just as an FYI...

Going to 170cc requires stroking, as well as boring. The 143cc kit is currently the largest, based upon boring alone. You can get to 160cc with just a bigger bore, but fit the cylinder back on you have to split and machine the cases to accept the larger diameter.

The Scorpa factory is currently producing the SY175F, which has the 143cc kit already installed. It is amazing how much difference the increased displacement makes.

I recently received a flyer from a French company that is advertising 200cc and 240cc (I think it was) kits as well.

Edited by DGShannon

I recently received a flyer from a French company that is advertising 200cc and 240cc (I think it was) kits as well.

240 cc ! :D:D

Surely the clutch and the gearbox internals would have to be changed to make 240cc work ok...major work and money

If you stroke a 125 engine to 240cc, then in many cases you are going to have problems with  con rod clearing gear box internals, and also lack of flywheel weight, which as in the case of the TLR250 often results in a machine that is not as nice as the orginal bike it was based upon.

Good point, that's what I'm going to be dealing with when I finally build a big TL 125 engine. Flywheel weight and a shorter rod ratio.