Flywheel thread sizes

searay175

Can anyone tell me if the flywheel threads are the same on a ty350 as the ty250a? I am attempting to remove the flywheel on the 350 and I am using the tool that fits my ty250a but can't seem to get the puller to "take" and don't want to mess up the threads.

So you mean 250 A(Twinshock)and 350(Mono)am i right?

Chrs:Mike

That's correct!They look the same but with such fine threads it's hard to tell. The threads may be messed up and maybe that's why I can not get the puller to thread in.

I've just bought a puller which claims to fit all TYs and is 27mm dia by 1mm pitch. It is undamaged, as is the flywheel thread (which is the same size), but it won't go in more than half a turn so ???????????????

A friend has just ruined one trying to get it to screw in so be careful.

Not sure if you are having the same problem that I had on my Ty175, the threads were probably damaged by somebody trying to use a socket on the nut that was a bit too big and fouled the threads, I removed mine with a 3 leg puller in the end and got the threads cleaned up with a thread chaser.