Oil level

curt531

Can anybody give me any tips on checking the oil level on my 2011 sherco 290. I have changed the oil & put in 450ml as stated in the manual but my question is this, how can I check the level after a few rides to make sure there is still the right amount of oil ? it has no sight glass like my gasgas, if I remove the the filler bung there is no oil in site , even if I leen the bike over. so, how do you check it ? :wacko:

Can anybody give me any tips on checking the oil level on my 2011 sherco 290. I have changed the oil & put in 450ml as stated in the manual but my question is this, how can I check the level after a few rides to make sure there is still the right amount of oil ? it has no sight glass like my gasgas, if I remove the the filler bung there is no oil in site , even if I leen the bike over. so, how do you check it ? :wacko:

You cannot, other than measuring what comes out! :thumbup:

If you know what you put in, this is a non issue!

Edited by copemech

You cannot, other than measuring what comes out! :thumbup:

If you know what you put in, this is a non issue!

Thanks for the reply, first bike I have ever owned that does'nt have a level bolt or a sight glass, how odd :huh:

• 3 weeks later...

When changing the oil - lean the bike over as far as possible. Once the oil stops running out - place bike on side stand for approx 10 minutes.

After that - lean it right over again and you get another flow out the drain.

Just try and get as much of the old stuff out as possible.