09 Evo Kickstand?

liviob

As you fellas that have the Evo's know the kick stand doesnt have much of a properly working service life. If your lucky you may get a year out of them before the bracket deforms enough so that the bike will no longer stand without resorting to proping the bike up with a tree or a rock or the pad starts to rub the brake disk because the return spring is pulling it into the rear brake disk. Have you guys found a solution for this poorly designed kickstand. Mine is all but worn out and headed for the metal masher. I guess it may possible to bend the brackets straight but their just going to bend back crooked again. While mine does have a few scrapes i think the brackets are deforming simply from proping the bike up with the kick stand itself. It cant take the weight of the bike. Any suggestions.

Edited by Liviob

I wouldnt be surprised if he really threw it away. It is an embarising appendage to the Beta legacy. On the bright side the bike is now three pounds lighter than stock.

Edited by Liviob