No clutch Fantic 240

leeross

Clutch not working on Fantic 240. I can move the clutch arm up and down freely with hardly any resistance? All gears seem to select properly. when you put it in gear it wheelies off so the clutch aint slipping!! its just when moving the clutch arm up all the way nothing happens - bike wont stop!.

Clutch not working on Fantic 240. I can move the clutch arm up and down freely with hardly any resistance? All gears seem to select properly. when you put it in gear it wheelies off so the clutch aint slipping!! its just when moving the clutch arm up all the way nothing happens - bike wont stop!.

Open the clutch adjustment inspection cover and check that the lock nut is still in place.

What is the history of the problem ? Did it get worse over time or happen all of a sudden or did you inherit the problem from previous owner ?

where is the clutch adjustment inspection cover? do i pull the gear lever off and then pull the whole left hand side casing off?

It has worked in the past. when pulling the clutch it was a realy stiff so i put a new cable on since then the problem began.

Have i pulled the arm up too much?!

• 3 months later...

i'll borrow this topic...

very stiff clutch, cable snapped, changed a new cable, no clutch! mitä vittua?

the locknut is on it's place, so what is the problem?

i'm sorry but my english isn't very good, so i'm not able to explain the whole situation completely... anyway. i've pulled the cable so the arm on the gearbox is in the "up position" an the clutch doesn't still release!

thanks!

the bike is 1991 125cc...

Edited by jurodog