montesa cota 200

spawtydawg

Hi, I was just wondering how a 200cota compares to the likes of a fantic 200 or a ty175 for

power, rideability, reliability etc, any issues with them or are they a decent bike?

Cheers.

fantic is probably the best trials bike, TY is the most reliable and esiest to get parts for, Montesa is a good bike, very reliable, has a few querks to work out but, I would choose Mont over fantic, montesa is easier to get parts for than the fantic

Hi, I was just wondering how a 200cota compares to the likes of a fantic 200 or a ty175 for

power, rideability, reliability etc, any issues with them or are they a decent bike?

Cheers.

I would say it's the oppsite way in the UK that Fantic parts are easier to come by than montesa.

The 200 Montesa is a good bike but there is a fault in thier kick starter gears and they can be hard to find, this situation has not been helped with sandifords shuting.

Fantic 200's come in two models the first ones with a Minerelli engine and the later ones with the 240 frame and fantic's own forward kick engine. Both have the same barrel and are both 156cc in size.

IMHO this is the best twinshock bike ever built, enough power, handles well, good surspension, modern feel, easy to get spare parts for. Only down side it's not as pretty as a Beamish or Seely.

Get the Mont if its cheap and kick start works put some good shocks on it, big footrests and have some fun down and back a bit.

I know I will start the whole "what's the best twinshock bike" saga off again, the best one is of course what ever you have in your garage and can use at the week-end.

Regards