315 throttle cable routing

canada280i

okay, had the tank off my 315 to top up/check the coolant, put it all back together and made sure the throttle cable was routed as it was when I took it off, however, this is where the fun (read annoying frustration) started.

I started the monty to make sure the cable was performing okay, and it was, except when the bars are turned all the way to the right. When I do this and rev the engine slightly the motor runs on a little, it only returns to tick-over when I turn the bars back towards centre. It does not happen if I turn tio the left and reve the engine, only the right. If the bike is ticking over and I turn the bars to the right it stays in tick-over until I rev the engine, then it revs up and settles back but to a fast tickover.

I have routed the cable evey different way I can imagine under the tank, some routings are better than others but I still cannot get rid of this completely.

Hopefully someone on here can offer up a solution or at leasdt another suggestion.

The cable moves freely, does not have any kinks, splits, or frays, there is a little play in the throttle twistgrip, and the cable does not move at all when the bars are turned (does not look like it is stretching).

Help!

Looking down onto the carb the cable should be at 10 o'clock. Run it along the inside of the left frame member below the tank. Make sure you have enough slack in the cable to allow for bar movement. Be sure that the petcock or fuel line does not interfere with the cable/elbow when re-installing the tank. Make sure the cable is free and clear of any pinch points.

Thanks for the response. Currently that is exactly how it is routed as that is the way indicated in the manual. I have tried all combination of other ways but settled back to the standard as that is the one where the issue is less noticable (but still there).

Its just one of those silly things that is more annoying mainly because I cannot solve the issue!.......bugger......

Seem to recall cable can get wedged between frame and tank. Just put your hand under frame on left side when putting tank on just to pull a little slack in the cable to stop it getting wedged. 5 year since I had 315r but think this helped.

Best of luck