clutch cabel spring

bondy

hi guys anybody know where i can get a outer spring for my clutch cabel just to protect the cabel from heat of the engin? the yamaha ty used to have one ive look on the net but cant find one or could i make one?

Careful routing would help, and perhaps something like this if the springs are either unavailable or expensive...?

Link

Not sure if 10mm is large enough? perhaps someone does larger ID bore sizes?

Hope helpful

Peter

cheers pete ill see if i can get a spring if not ill try some of the tubing

inventory list protection springs

hi guys anybody know where i can get a outer spring for my clutch cabel just to protect the cabel from heat of the engin? the yamaha ty used to have one ive look on the net but cant find one or could i make one?

I would also recommend careful routing, but if your really want a spring for your clutch cable, I would take push springs made out of stainless steel, they look like the one the Yamaha bikes have. Here you are:

spring manufactor push springs

Here a list of their push springs they have stock, maybe the right diamension is stock available, you can order just one spring!:

inventory list push springs

Then they produce also special springs for cable protection:

spring manufactor cable protection springs

Here there list of stock protection springs, again you can order only one spring:

If there is not the spring with the dimension you want to have, they can also fabricate (only) one spring to your special needs, (BTW: they are a very good ressource for springs).

Edited by PSchrauber

inventory list protection springs

I would also recommend careful routing, but if your really want a spring for your clutch cable, I would take push springs made out of stainless steel, they look like the one the Yamaha bikes have. Here you are:

Here a list of their push springs they have stock, maybe the right diamension is stock available, you can order just one spring!:

inventory list push springs

Then they produce also special springs for cable protection:

spring manufactor cable protection springs

Here there list of stock protection springs, again you can order only one spring:

If there is not the spring with the dimension you want to have, they can also fabricate (only) one spring to your special needs, (BTW: they are a very good ressource for springs).

hi thanks for your help