New here need some tips

gunbunny

Hi Guys + Gals

I'm all new here so first a big hello from North Wales.

Just got back into trials after about 25 years of all work and no play, old bikes include Ossa 350 twin shock and a fantic twin shock.

Anyway just got a 2004 Gas Gas 300 Raga, it has been tamed with a 280 barrel but is otherwise stock, i know it's not a beginners bike but trust me i need the power to haul my fat ass up hill's etc :popcorn: ,

i've trawled the forum here and apologise if it's already been brought up before, does anyone have any maintainance tips for after a ride, how often to change the oil, what type etc etc?, what to check and what to clean and how?

What lubes do i need to buy before i ride, ie chain, filter etc etc.

Any hints or tips would be appreciated, also if anyone knows of good (legal) practice areas in North Wales then that would be great too.

As i say i'm new to all this water cooled stuff and wnat to look after my bike.

Thanks in advance :guinness:

Hi Guys + Gals

I'm all new here so first a big hello from North Wales.

Just got back into trials after about 25 years of all work and no play, old bikes include Ossa 350 twin shock and a fantic twin shock.

Anyway just got a 2004 Gas Gas 300 Raga, it has been tamed with a 280 barrel but is otherwise stock, i know it's not a beginners bike but trust me i need the power to haul my fat ass up hill's etc :popcorn: ,

i've trawled the forum here and apologise if it's already been brought up before, does anyone have any maintainance tips for after a ride, how often to change the oil, what type etc etc?, what to check and what to clean and how?

What lubes do i need to buy before i ride, ie chain, filter etc etc.

Any hints or tips would be appreciated, also if anyone knows of good (legal) practice areas in North Wales then that would be great too.

As i say i'm new to all this water cooled stuff and wnat to look after my bike.

Thanks in advance :guinness:

http://www.trialspartsusa.com/tech.html has a bunch of GasGas info, including a downloadable 2004 owner's manual that should answer your questions.

Jon

On a 2004 Raga youve probably done the opposite of taming it by using a 280 barrel.

The original raga rep in 2003 was 280 only and were IMO unrideable. At that time the 280 was the experts weapon of choice and the 300 offered more torque, smoother power deliver and much nicer bottom end power and was useable for clubmen - expert and everywhere inbetween

On a 2004 Raga youve probably done the opposite of taming it by using a 280 barrel.

The original raga rep in 2003 was 280 only and were IMO unrideable. At that time the 280 was the experts weapon of choice and the 300 offered more torque, smoother power deliver and much nicer bottom end power and was useable for clubmen - expert and everywhere inbetween

Thanks for the info, it was like that when i bought it, i'll see how it is, if it is un rideable i'll get hold of a 300 barrel and try that.