2009 Beta Evo - size of silencer o-rings

peterh

Can anyone tell me the size of the 2 x o-rings between the main pipe and the mid-section of a 2009 Beta Evo.

The dimensions for the internal diameter and the thickness of the o-ring would be ideal. I think they will be something like 62mm internal diameter and 2.5mm thickness, but mine are rather deteriorated. The parts book and the workshop manual do not give the size.

Thanks for assistance.

good luck with this one.. my friend has a bearing shop and we must have trawled through my bodyweight in o-rings trying to get a match off the shelf, and didn't. also bare in mind they need to be heat resistant which most o-rings are not.

if you cannot wait then get some off the exhaust shelf sealant in there from a motor factors, but you'll have it to clean out when you get the correct o-rings.

simple solution- ring lampkins, they only cost a few quid and will be with you the next day usually.

edit

doh....just realised where you are!!

Edited by twinkletoes

OK, found the box. I got them at NAPA auto parts. The size on the box is: 2 7/16 X 2 5/8 X 3/32 inches. Sorry you will have to do the metric conversion. The NAPA Balkamp part number is 727-2143. Here is a link: https://www.napaonline.com/Catalog/Result.aspx?Ntt=727-2143&Ntk=Keyword&Nty=1&Dn=0&D=727-2143&Dk=1&Dp=3&N=0

Hope this helps.

Thanks - looks like my measurements were about correct, so maybe the deterioration of my one surviving one is not too bad.

2-7/16 x 3/32 is 61.6mm and 2.62mm

Found a useful sizing chart here: O-ring Sizing Chart - see row -143 on this chart.

According to the specs for the Nitrile o-ring - can take up to 250