WTC Japan many riders on Yamaha's

dombush

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That explains it... had visions of riders on TY250's :icon_rendeer:

I guess the engine is a derirative of the YZF250 lump with all the high-tech lightweight design that goes with it.

Wonder how heavy that is compared to the more trials specific beta single cam engines.

Dom

Interesting how Kuroyama on that Yamaha 4T lump with a carb beat Fajardo on the Ossa 2T FI wonder bike by 36 points.

I don't think thats a fair comparison, kenichi is a top rider and was riding in his home gp with nationalistic support. The ossa has not been 100% reliable this year and fajardo has been beaten down the order at many other rounds.

If the bike had been any good scorpa would still be in buisness.

I agree with Dabster

Its all very well looking at a factory special ridden by talented rider and thinking its a great bike. The bike in question in the videos on youtube sounds more like a YZF 400 than a 250f scorpa. I tried a 250f scorpa a couple of years ago and frankly it was bloody awful, very heavy and the motor made noise but didnt really seem to have useable power. The motor is 'kin enormous and the back sprocket was a 46 or 48t, even with that size sprocket only first was useable unless the section was a hill climb.

If they were the thing to have why did no one buy one when they were available ?

I don't think thats a fair comparison, kenichi is a top rider and was riding in his home gp with nationalistic support. The ossa has not been 100% reliable this year and fajardo has been beaten down the order at many other rounds.

Hey Nigel - that's a sneaky one - did I miss something?

Paul Mac

On the other hand, all the excuses in the world hardly makes up for 36 points. After all, Kenichi is a rider from a past era. And Fajardo aside, what about Gubian and Brown, they are hardly 2nd class riders, but still somewhat adrift of Kenichi...on an old Scorpa.........I doubt it.

I agree with Kramit...though it worries me to say that. The sections were long muddy climbs and that would tend to suit the Yamaha 4T over the Rat Maze type sections that the lightweight 2T's are built for. Plus I am sure that Kenny was pumped to show that he still has what it takes to ride at the World level ....much like Marc Frexia's recent inspired ride at Cahors where he beat Fajardo, Fuji and Dabil.

I agree with Kramit...though it worries me to say that. The sections were long muddy climbs and that would tend to suit the Yamaha 4T over the Rat Maze type sections that the lightweight 2T's are built for. Plus I am sure that Kenny was pumped to show that he still has what it takes to ride at the World level ....much like Marc Frexia's recent inspired ride at Cahors where he beat Fajardo, Fuji and Dabil.

Have you ever been to cahors?

So freixa is like kenichi except on a 2t and as he beat fajardo on the ossa the scorpa is good? I'm confused?

BTW have you ever been to cahors?