rebuilding the sherpa

zoolord

It's bugging me now.. i'll make one this week if i get time. I have always got a bike in the house in bits so this ain't a big problem. my sons grass track bike is mostly in bits all over the house.

Edited by zoolord

IMG_2830.jpg

On to the very dodgy looking swingarm.. it needs welding, it is bent and it need new bushes.

I will be seeing someone at the weekend to straighten and weld this as well as the frame, as i want to get it painted and start rebuilding it

• 3 weeks later...

the pivots wear eccentrically, and by bushing the pivots will really help with the brake action and effiecency (sp).

just to make sure i have this right. where the arm goes through the brake plate put a bronze bush in and mill to fit the operating arm?

the pivots wear eccentrically, and by bushing the pivots will really help with the brake action and effiecency (sp).

it has a bit of wear in it. and i will prolly get it gone at a later date, as i want the bike done for

xmas..... hopfuly

i have done the back hub today and although i don't look as bad its in better working order than the front

Edited by zoolord