Montesa cota 247 spark plug recommendations

taylo63

Hi All

I want to replace the spark plug on my cota 247 ( 1975)and would like to know what type/grade of plug is manufacturer recommended. The bike is currently using a DENSO WD20 FS-U, which according to the DENSO website is recommended for engines of 50cc or 175cc ! I have also looked on ebay and a company selling NGK recommend a B6HS..So before i purchase one I thought I would ask you guys for your opinions.

Many Thanks

Paul.

Hi All

I want to replace the spark plug on my cota 247 ( 1975)and would like to know what type/grade of plug is manufacturer recommended. The bike is currently using a DENSO WD20 FS-U, which according to the DENSO website is recommended for engines of 50cc or 175cc ! I have also looked on ebay and a company selling NGK recommend a B6HS..So before i purchase one I thought I would ask you guys for your opinions.

Many Thanks

Paul.

I think it's a BPR5ES

I think it's a BPR5ES

The original plus was B6H or Champion L-85 - Bosch W175T1 which is now represented as NGK B6HS

A B5HS is a hotter plug may be suitable if you are really just plugging around no hard work at low revs in cool climate but I suggest you stick with the B6 - there is no reason I am aware of to use a BP and definitely not a BPR (unless you have a radio or GPS fitted to your Cota).

Make sure you buy at least 2 - you should always have a spare new plug in your tool kit.