Trials Bike for Trail Riding

bigbird2

I'm a GEEZER who has be off the dirt for 30 years. I just started dirt riding again and LOVE it.

I've gone a little nuts on this dirt riding stuff and have bought:

08 WR250R with suspension mods, Power Commander, Autotune, FMF pipe, Scotts Stabilizer, Revlock,

LHRB, etc. for Dual Sporting with lots of roads involved.

07 KTM 200 XCW with fork mods, lowered, TTX rear, Scotts Stabilizer, Revlock, LHRB, etc. for serious off roading.

09 Beta Evo 300 4t with EXTENSIVE mods (see below) to make it an ultimate OLD guy trail bike.

07 Beta Rev 80 with EXTENSIVE mods (see below) to make it an ultimate trail bike for my sweetie - But even though she did well on it, she decided it was a little too dangerous for a 67 year old gal, so she gave it to me as a play bike :>)

So I've dived back in BIG time at 68 :>) Been riding every Dual Sport and all the options plus every trail riding opportunity I can find. Have made MANY great new friends and couldn't be happier.

I did have one bad fairly high speed crash from hitting a rock on the WR250R (before the Scotts Stabilizer :>( which ended up with a brain bleed and emergency surgery plus a few days in ICU but have fully recovered and gotten sort of back in riding shape and am riding more than before.

SO - If any of you are thinking of GEEZER riding - GO FOR IT! :>)

My BETA Evo 4t was what I ended up selecting for EXTRA gnarly trail riding AND for riding after I get too old/weak to pick up the KTM.

It is working out VERY well with the mods below which give it much more rake and trail and stability and make it much easier to ride. It starts VERY easily and is quite light so hopefully I'll be riding it for many more years. I'd recommend this bike to anyone trying to find an EASY to ride trail bike.

2009 Evo 300 4t - OLD Guy Trail Bike

Long Ride Kit (1.1 Gallon Aux Tank & Seat)

Scotts Stablilzer

BBR Seat at Normal Trail Ride Height

16" Rear Wheel (More Rake & Trail & Lower Pegs)

Full Knobys 21" Front & 16" Rear

6" Rise Jitsie Handlebars

20 Wt. Fork Oil & Max Dampening

Stiffer Rear Spring

Max Damping on Rear Shock

Lowered Shifter

Tool Bag Under Seat

Garmin eTrex GPS on Handelbar

As I said above I also got my 67 year old sweeting a Beta 80 which she gave back to me :>) It is SUPER easy to crank and ride and in some ways better than the 300. The little KTM 80 motor can GO and the bike is so light it's almost like a motorized mountain bike. The specs on it are as follows:

2007 Rev 80 2t - Originally Set Up for Wife

Rekluse Auto Clutch

LHRB - Left Hand Rear Brake

Scotts Stablilzer

BBR Seat at Normal Trail Ride Height

21" High Profile Front Knobby

3.50-18" Low Profile Rear Knobby

More Front Preload & Stiffer Springs

20 Wt. Fork Oil

Stiffer Rear Spring

Lowered Shifter

Quart Bottle of Premix Under Seat

Edited by BigBird2

BigBird2

I would love to see some pictures of the Betas. They sound great.

Put together a LDT Bike for the missus who is 21 in here dreams & 5+ in reality.

Basically it is a 125 Scorpa Long Ride with few bits taken off & some simple additions like extra fuel in bottle bags either side of the tank. Etrex as a speedo & direction keeper, footrests etc.

I have riden the bike a few times & it is great.

Long live trials bikes as trail bikes, small easy to ride & beg for you to look scenery of the route you ride!

LOONAL