Jack Wood Trial

physco

just got in from a very hard day at this trial.riding the hard route i cannot believe how much harder the trial was,yes it was a crap day,misty etc,but this trial seems to have lost its way.last year they had plenty of flowing sections riding straight up rivers,this year so differant,what does every body else think?.was the clubman route any good?.

It might be me showing my age, but the nationals seem to be getting much harder. Colmore Cup was harder, Wallace Cup was harder.

I'm not criticising them, just an observation. If that's the way they're intending to go, then that's fair enough.

I got a bit sick of twisting myself around trees though. There seem to be an increasing number of sections which needed trick riding rather than just being made easier by trick riding.

I didn't travel for the Jack Wood, as I need all the strength I've got for the Lomax tomorrow. I'm hoping they've left the Lomax very similar to last year, it's such a good trial with the natural stuff. Same goes for the Victory next week. Number 1 last year, slippy as hell, and still enjoyed it.

But, I have to admit, sometimes things need to move on and if that's the way it's going to go, there's still the Manx 2 day left as a quality no stop natural terrain trial for us old farts :)

i was not complaining about the event just making an observation.the club always makes a mega job of putting on this event over some of the best trials terrain in england and it is still what trials are all about,a good single lap event.any body who has never ridden up the famous river kwai do not know what they are missing.