newby. Montesa 314r unknown year?

laurence_13

Hi, My names Laurence I'm from Dorset and I'm 17. Story go's - I pursueded dad to get a trials bike for us both to mess around and after watching many go through on ebay at ridiculous prices, one turned up in Maesteg, South Wales. Managed to get dad to drive up there to pick it up and got there to pick it up as described - non running due to siezed engine. The lads cousin had taken it out with no oil in the fuel apparently, paid a good price for it (can't remember what it was now, as was about 5 years ago). Got the bike home and started stripping it down with dad, simple job right? Turns out, it's not! Flywheel pullers - I've been stuck for years, searching far and wide, bodging a few up all failing. So the bikes been thrown to the back of the garage, with the engine out and piles of parts from Sandiford offroad waiting to go in and the bike will be away.

After having a go on a friends gasgas today I've decided I want to get the bike running, asap! I've found a website offering rental of the flywheel puller, link here; http://www.trialsbits.co.uk/product_info.php?products_id=1692 . It says in the ad for late montesa 314 models, and I have no idea what my model is... I have a feeling the years '96, but is there any way of confirming this?

Thanks

Laurence... sorry for the life story :D

edit... also sorry if it's in the wrong section!

Edited by laurence_13

Hi, My names Laurence I'm from Dorset and I'm 17. Story go's - I pursueded dad to get a trials bike for us both to mess around and after watching many go through on ebay at ridiculous prices, one turned up in Maesteg, South Wales. Managed to get dad to drive up there to pick it up and got there to pick it up as described - non running due to siezed engine. The lads cousin had taken it out with no oil in the fuel apparently, paid a good price for it (can't remember what it was now, as was about 5 years ago). Got the bike home and started stripping it down with dad, simple job right? Turns out, it's not! Flywheel pullers - I've been stuck for years, searching far and wide, bodging a few up all failing. So the bikes been thrown to the back of the garage, with the engine out and piles of parts from Sandiford offroad waiting to go in and the bike will be away.

After having a go on a friends gasgas today I've decided I want to get the bike running, asap! I've found a website offering rental of the flywheel puller, link here; http://www.trialsbits.co.uk/product_info.php?products_id=1692 . It says in the ad for late montesa 314 models, and I have no idea what my model is... I have a feeling the years '96, but is there any way of confirming this?

Thanks

Laurence... sorry for the life story :D

edit... also sorry if it's in the wrong section!

I think 314's were lauanced in 94, which were red and purple. I think the 95 and 96 model was the same colour which was white and blue or purple colour. I am sure the fly wheel pullers would fit all 314 years as they were only available for 3 years I think. If you were to ring Sandifords and give them the frame number I am sure they will be able to tell you the exact year.

I think 314's were lauanced in 94, which were red and purple. I think the 95 and 96 model was the same colour which was white and blue or purple colour. I am sure the fly wheel pullers would fit all 314 years as they were only available for 3 years I think. If you were to ring Sandifords and give them the frame number I am sure they will be able to tell you the exact year.

Good idea, I'll give it a go tomorrow... I hate it when you overlook the simplest solutions! thanks again. :thumbup:

More problems... The flywheel puller in the post above is not the right one... :wall: :wall: :wall: The puller I need is a 1.5L (left hand thread) 32mm external... if that means anything to anybody? If anyone knows where to source one, or has one I can borrow (obviously with some sort of massive deposit and a couple of beers!) any info would be much appreciated