Rear shock set-up

simmsy

I wrote an e-mail to the Olle factory about the stiffer spring... here is an answer: :thumbup:

The spring strength of this model of shock absorber is 7,2 kg/mm. We have another one of 8,3 kg/mm. If you are interested in it, we could send you the spring and change it yourself or if you prefer it, you could send us the shock absorber and we could revise it... it includes the checking of all the components, change of compression buffer and change of oil and gas. After revising it, we would send you the shock absorber with the new spring mounted and we would return you the old spring.

That does seem good news for some that may need or want it. Do you have the contact info? :thumbup:

I considered it; seems to me that mine is overdamped with no further adjustment and it has been like it since new, I'll be damned if I want to send them my shock and pay again for same old crap (and have my bike unavailable for how long?). Yes it's slightly undersprung (for my weight) and grossly overdamped... I was going to mod the linkage (ctrs.) but this would only effectively make it more undersprung. I understand the 2012 will have a decent shock fitted as std. with some mods to the linkage. Not before time have they "bit on this bullet" if you search just these forums Sherco shock & rear suspension woes have been ongoing for years. I geuss the bike manufacturers generally get tied into purchasing contracts for outsourced components and adopt the mentality that its good enough for the punters even though we know that its crap and our supported riders (paid for out of sales) must have better. Even though my (2011ST250) is generally way better than my ability nowadays it really has been a bad experience from start to finish..The next bike I buy will be subject to far more rigorous specifying/trying /looking/testing and not least a warranty period and service contract comensurate with the rest of Europe. I seem to be in a minority of one regarding trying to get quality and value for money out of a leisure product.

• 1 month later...