2011 clutch drag

hgas

need some advice ,the clutch has started dragging on my 280,its not too severe but when u stand next to the bike with the clutch fully pulled in the bike starts to chug forward on its own but only when the bike is ticking over!?.tried bleeding it from the top and bottom and changed the plates. anyone had this before? would appreciate some advice cheers :thumbup:

need some advice ,the clutch has started dragging on my 280,its not too severe but when u stand next to the bike with the clutch fully pulled in the bike starts to chug forward on its own but only when the bike is ticking over!?.tried bleeding it from the top and bottom and changed the plates. anyone had this before? would appreciate some advice cheers :thumbup:

What oil are you running in the transmission?

Jon

im running silkolene ,think its comp gear oil not sure what viscosity it is .what would you guys reccomend ?just to note the old plates i took out where quite badly scorched and ive put dp clutch plates in this time

im running silkolene ,think its comp gear oil not sure what viscosity it is .what would you guys reccomend ?just to note the old plates i took out where quite badly scorched and ive put dp clutch plates in this time

Hmmmm, scorched plates. Did you check to be sure there is a little clearance where the screw on the lever meets the plunger that goes into the master cylinder boot? If adjusted in too far the result would be: clutch slippage (scorched plates) and reduced servo cylinder travel (clutch drag).

Jon

i had similar problems on my gas gas 250 11. i have had the clutch master cylinder replaced which fixed the problem, which then went again.

I replaced the master cylinder kit which fixed it and made it a completly different clutch, plenty of progressive feel and no drag. Not sure how long till it goes again - something to do with swarf or metal not quite cleaned up properly.

i had that exact problem myself ,it happened twice i changed to a large master cylinder and pipe in the end which has been perfect up to now,i think when the master cylinder kit fails you can see bubbles of air in the master cylinder which isn't happening for me .any one recommend a different gear box oil i could try because that the only thing i can think to try next?

i had that exact problem myself ,it happened twice i changed to a large master cylinder and pipe in the end which has been perfect up to now,i think when the master cylinder kit fails you can see bubbles of air in the master cylinder which isn't happening for me .any one recommend a different gear box oil i could try because that the only thing i can think to try next?

Most of us have had good luck with ATF (Dexron to 2006, Type-F 06' on up), it has all the requirements for a wet clutch/transmission environment and is inexpensive so can be changed often at little cost. The Pro clutch has, in effect, a centrifigal oil filter in the form of the Belville spring that collects swarf. Once in a while it's a good idea to take the spring off and clean in that area.

Jon