piolet jet

mur

: hello guys i have a 350 sherpa with a bing carb ,it has a pilot jet 35 was wondering if a 40 jet would improve the bike .the air screw is only 3/4 of a turn open and the plug tends to become black easily ,wondered what jets you guys are using ,also put in electronic ignition and the difference in pickup is unbelievable regards mur

: hello guys i have a 350 sherpa with a bing carb ,it has a pilot jet 35 was wondering if a 40 jet would improve the bike .the air screw is only 3/4 of a turn open and the plug tends to become black easily ,wondered what jets you guys are using ,also put in electronic ignition and the difference in pickup is unbelievable regards mur

Fitted with Bing a 40 pilot jet is standard for model 199-A, should improve the response

if you live and ride in normal altitude.

The 3/4 of a turn open is the standard position of the air screw a good position to sttart for further fine adjusting.

For getting an clue where there might be a jetting issue or some adjustment needed here is a drawing that shows wich component is responsible for the gas-air mixture at different throttle positions.

Carburator%252520and%252520engine%252520control.jpg

You can mark them to your throttle grip for fine adjusting of the carb, like shown here.

Gasfabrik%252520und%252520Vergaserstellung.jpg

Take a light sloping road, around 600m at just ride up with constant throttle position, if the engine is running like a four stroke than he runs too fat/rich, on the other hand if the engine is pinging, it's to lean, (If your hear the motor pinging abort further riding / change throttle position, (running the engine too lean is unhealthy for the engine).

Hope this was useful :)

Fitted with Bing a 40 pilot jet is standard for model 199-A, should improve the response

if you live and ride in normal altitude.

The 3/4 of a turn open is the standard position of the air screw a good position to sttart for further fine adjusting.

For getting an clue where there might be a jetting issue or some adjustment needed here is a drawing that shows wich component is responsible for the gas-air mixture at different throttle positions.

Carburator%252520and%252520engine%252520control.jpg

You can mark them to your throttle grip for fine adjusting of the carb, like shown here.

Gasfabrik%252520und%252520Vergaserstellung.jpg

Take a light sloping road, around 600m at just ride up with constant throttle position, if the engine is running like a four stroke than he runs too fat/rich, on the other hand if the engine is pinging, it's to lean, (If your hear the motor pinging abort further riding / change throttle position, (running the engine too lean is unhealthy for the engine).

Hope this was useful :)

:thumbup: thanks Pete ordered 40 jet today ,will attempt carb tune at the weekend it is a 199 engine,i am no expert just others telling me the bike sounds a bit flat ,she feels brilliant to me with the new ignition ,once again thanks for your help Pete :D

:thumbup: thanks Pete ordered 40 jet today ,will attempt carb tune at the weekend it is a 199 engine,i am no expert just others telling me the bike sounds a bit flat ,she feels brilliant to me with the new ignition ,once again thanks for your help Pete :D

You may also want to try moving the needle and check the wear on the slide which in my experience can make a significant difference.

hi there the carb is kind of new old stock if that makes sense,the only annoying thing is the fuel banjo is on the inside (right)but no big deal,will put new jet in see if it stops me falling off as easily thanks for your advice :thumbup: