Water/coolant -- Gear oil

leckers78

Another couple of question

1. What type of coolant can i use in the water either the blue stuff or the red stuff (Both car coolants but shouldn't matter should it) and what mix 50/50??

2. I have read that i should use ATF for the box, but can i use any as my father has loads of it at work which is used in Caterpillar excavators so will be top stuff??

3. And also on the box is it just like a level bung you take out the side near the kick start and fill up till it runs out the hole??

Cheers wayne

Another couple of question

1. What type of coolant can i use in the water either the blue stuff or the red stuff (Both car coolants but shouldn't matter should it) and what mix 50/50??

2. I have read that i should use ATF for the box, but can i use any as my father has loads of it at work which is used in Caterpillar excavators so will be top stuff??

3. And also on the box is it just like a level bung you take out the side near the kick start and fill up till it runs out the hole??

Cheers wayne

What model and year are your bike?

1. Blue stuff I suppose.

2. ATF Dexron III (suppose Dexron II is not that bad either)

3. Pre 2002 models. Don`t know but may remember 650ml oil. From 2002 TXT PRO models there is a glass on the clutch cover. Fill to the middle of it. About 330ml on 2002. About 500ml on 2003 and up.

-Jan

What model and year are your bike?

1. Blue stuff I suppose.

2. ATF Dexron III (suppose Dexron II is not that bad either)

3. Pre 2002 models. Don`t know but may remember 650ml oil. From 2002 TXT PRO models there is a glass on the clutch cover. Fill to the middle of it. About 330ml on 2002. About 500ml on 2003 and up.

-Jan

1993 GG 250cc

the reason i ask about coolant is that the red stuff is for aluminium engines i think