Sherco ST250 2012 vs........

junfan

I bought a new ST last October ..I havn't been invited to the Sherco test day. It was the worst bike to ride I have bought in 45 years (the other was a twin shock Montesa) I have had to do a lot of work on basic elements such as rear suspension, steering, carburation/ignition timing. On the other hand apart from two serious warranty problems (one dragged on for months preventing me from riding it). it has stayed put together pretty well. The tests you see published in the papers in my opinion are always more of a rave review so you are doing the right thing by asking for opinion, the advise above regarding trying bikes out is sound also. I usually have a new bike every year but can't warrant spending the money they are nowadays asking for any of em at the moment. I'm waiting now for a good look at the JTG (Jotagas).

I bought a new ST last October ..I havn't been invited to the Sherco test day. It was the worst bike to ride I have bought in 45 years (the other was a twin shock Montesa) I have had to do a lot of work on basic elements such as rear suspension, steering, carburation/ignition timing. On the other hand apart from two serious warranty problems (one dragged on for months preventing me from riding it). it has stayed put together pretty well. The tests you see published in the papers in my opinion are always more of a rave review so you are doing the right thing by asking for opinion, the advise above regarding trying bikes out is sound also. I usually have a new bike every year but can't warrant spending the money they are nowadays asking for any of em at the moment. I'm waiting now for a good look at the JTG (Jotagas).

All the reason to go ride the new one and chew on Malc's ear! I hear they are brill! :thumbup: As stated, I ain't gonna test pilot for any new brand, The Sherco is well refined now! :icon_salut: