gear oil

bondy

hi guys as some of you know i just got a gas gas 250 txt pro 210 dosnt need anything doing to it as its been well looked affter. im thinking the owner before me used putolin oils as the bike as all the stickers on not sure as i got it off a dealer i know the gear oil is red i can see through the littel window on the casing so have you guys any idea if putolin is red? ive been told 75W light is recamended. im not sure how mutch it mentions 500mm in the hand book but the book is for a 2008 modal the dealer said it was the same as the 210 so im just going off it. ive allso been told the petrol mix is 75mm to 5L of petrol? ive only had bultacos the last to years ive desided to try modan trials. must say they are great to ride alltho ive only took it up and down my street. anougther thing is how would i tell if theres a wieght on the flyweel? im only asking because ive read it on hear that some guys do it to carm the power down but would this be likley on my pro 250? what would the diffrance be? cheers bondy

hi guys as some of you know i just got a gas gas 250 txt pro 210 dosnt need anything doing to it as its been well looked affter. im thinking the owner before me used putolin oils as the bike as all the stickers on not sure as i got it off a dealer i know the gear oil is red i can see through the littel window on the casing so have you guys any idea if putolin is red? ive been told 75W light is recamended. im not sure how mutch it mentions 500mm in the hand book but the book is for a 2008 modal the dealer said it was the same as the 210 so im just going off it. ive allso been told the petrol mix is 75mm to 5L of petrol? ive only had bultacos the last to years ive desided to try modan trials. must say they are great to ride alltho ive only took it up and down my street. anougther thing is how would i tell if theres a wieght on the flyweel? im only asking because ive read it on hear that some guys do it to carm the power down but would this be likley on my pro 250? what would the diffrance be? cheers bondy

hi its john,no flyweel weight on the bike as it was mine,420ml putoline dextron 3(red) gear oil changed every ride

bike has been looked after by me,i have over 20 years experience on gas gas

:thumbup::thumbup:

hi its john,no flyweel weight on the bike as it was mine,420ml putoline dextron 3(red) gear oil changed every ride

bike has been looked after by me,i have over 20 years experience on gas gas

hi john nice to know its been looked after i can tell. only reason im asking is because ive only had twin shock. im keeping the bike in the house ive only took her up and down the close lovley bike you have done a great job of looking after her as i will. this is why i need to know what oils you put in so i can do the same. what 2 stoke oil was you using? and what mix? roy said 75mm/ 5L the bike wont have a hard live as ive only been doing trials for fun ive got to bultacos witch ive just restord cheers bondy

:thumbup::thumbup:

hi john nice to know its been looked after i can tell. only reason im asking is because ive only had twin shock. im keeping the bike in the house ive only took her up and down the close lovley bike you have done a great job of looking after her as i will. this is why i need to know what oils you put in so i can do the same. what 2 stoke oil was you using? and what mix? roy said 75mm/ 5L the bike wont have a hard live as ive only been doing trials for fun ive got to bultacos witch ive just restord cheers bondy

i run it on ipon semi/sin,dont use fully sin unless you rev it hard you wont burn the rich oil off witch will lead to poor starting

70ml to 5L is spot on runs very clean

i run it on ipon semi/sin,dont use fully sin unless you rev it hard you wont burn the rich oil off witch will lead to poor starting

70ml to 5L is spot on runs very clean

nice one john i havant put anything in it since i got it from the shop shes just siting there in me kitchen sorry to pick your brains. ive got some ipon semi/sin/ strawberry will that be ok or would you recommend i diffrant ipon? cheers bondy

nice one john i havant put anything in it since i got it from the shop shes just siting there in me kitchen sorry to pick your brains. ive got some ipon semi/sin/ strawberry will that be ok or would you recommend i diffrant ipon? cheers bondy

that what i use,its fine

For what it's worth...I've used Putoline GP10 gearbox oil & MX5 @ 40:1 for over 20 years in various off road bikes...never had a problem with either...works for me...

thanks for the info think ill just go for the putolin light 75w as i wont be doing competitions