Fuel overflow

oddball

Hi Everyone, time for your cleverness again

I was just finishing up getting my Rev 3 (08) back together after having the stator rewound, when a load of fuel started to P**S out the overflow from the carb, never seen this before on the bike although its fairly new to me, but it has been stood for 3 weeks doing nothing whilst I was geting the rewind done.

Is there anything that I should look at in the carb other than the valve and seat and the float level??

It appears to be leaking from the overflow that looks as though the take off is on the bottom of the carb if that makes any difference?

Started second kick after its rewind btw, won't be long now till the falling off starts again ..lol :thumbup:

Edited by Oddball

Hi Everyone, time for your cleverness again

I was just finishing up getting my Rev 3 (08) back together after having the stator rewound, when a load of fuel started to P**S out the overflow from the carb, never seen this before on the bike although its fairly new to me, but it has been stood for 3 weeks doing nothing whilst I was geting the rewind done.

Is there anything that I should look at in the carb other than the valve and seat and the float level??

It appears to be leaking from the overflow that looks as though the take off is on the bottom of the carb if that makes any difference?

Started second kick after its rewind btw, won't be long now till the falling off starts again ..lol :thumbup:

Just give the carb a smack with ste plastic handle of a screwdriver, most times it just fixes itself

You likely won't find anything in there if you take it apart