Filthy Rich Evo 4T

schmorgas

Hi,my 2011 Evo 4T is running way too rich. I never even have to use the choke to start it, whatever the weather. The air filter is fine, clean with a light squirt of Duck Oil. It gradually starts to run rough and will splutter to a halt mid section unless I give it a good clear out first, firing black swoot out the back. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Not familiar with this model of bike but if it has a lift up / plunger type enrichment mechanism (not a choke) it coild be dirt under plunger or damaged seal.

Wrong float height?

Damaged float valve or dirt in float valve?

Cheers

Edited by Dadof2

Tried to post , must have screwed it up. Post under beta may help get more suggestions. Check the chock- when you pull it out you will feel it click twice when you go to close it. in the Middle position it will cause the bike to run rich. When you clean the air filter lightly oil it , to much oil could cause it to run rick also. I have had three of the beta 4t's very nice bike. Keep us posted on what you find.

Yup ,the one I saw ,playing up, exactly as you describe had a 3 position choke:

Off...1/2 on..... and full on??

Once the embarrassment caused by inadvertent 1/2 choke selection had subsided I cadged a wee go......a very nice bike indeed (for me,plodder-man)smooth and quiet. :thumbup:

Aahh! Now I'm doubting myself. Is the choke half on? It certainly shouldn't be because as I said, I've never had to use it yet, and have had the bike since December '10. The previous bike I had was the Rev 4T and I never had a problem. Plodder-man, you sound like a man after my own heart. I wouldn't look at any other bike now I've had a couple of four stroke Betas. The 315 Mont' I had before I just could not get on with. The whole two strike thing I found too unpredictable.

:thumbup: Hey, you're not the only one (as I posted) but kudos to you for coming back and finishing off the thread, some peeps would not have admitted to any error and just left the topic hanging...enjoy your bike..you lucky bu**er. :rolleyes:

Wayne

Edited by HAM2