wobly

hi all ...just picked myself up a 307 to play with but it smokes like a good un. what fuel/oil ratio is best to run on these.Been running at 50/1. also rear caliper shot,anyone know where can get a seal kit.....thanks

Dare anyone answer? :rolleyes:

Have a look at past posts - there have been plenty on this topic.

See if you can get an oweners manual and follow that. Bikes of this era often used mineral 2t at about 25:1. If this is the case consider semi synthetic at 30:1.

Cheers

Edited by Dadof2

thanks for reply...but did a search and got lots of diff answers.with it smoking so much was thinking of tryin about 75/1 using modern synthetic oil.Only been out on it for couple of hours but my 1st thoughts were crankshaft seals but gearbox oil didnt seem to drop .Also tends to 4 stroke when reved hard.Had cleaned carb etc before went out and all seemed to be in order.So hence oil ratio was 1st thing was gonna try.!!

Bikes of this era usually ran on 50:1 mineral or semi-synth, i have no personal experience of this particular model, but i have run air cooled SWM engines at 65:1 fully synthetic for over 15 years with good results, low smoke and low wear rate. I consider this ratio to be on the safe side, i'm sure 75:1 would be fine also.

hi all ...just picked myself up a 307 to play with but it smokes like a good un. what fuel/oil ratio is best to run on these.Been running at 50/1. also rear caliper shot,anyone know where can get a seal kit.....thanks

Hi,

I run all my Fantics on 70mls of sysnthic to 5ltr of LRP petrol and have done for a number of years with no problems.

If your bike is smoking that bad I would check the main seal in the clutch side and you will also need to clen out the exhaust before it will ever run clean.

try Bill Pye for the caliper seal or look for a brembo agent through Google.

hope that helps

Thanks for all ya replys lads...will check oil seals 1st as done a bit of readin and they can be changed without a full strip down....would rather run more oil than less. What's the general recomendation on cleaning out exhaust?

Thanks for all ya replys lads...will check oil seals 1st as done a bit of readin and they can be changed without a full strip down....would rather run more oil than less. What's the general recomendation on cleaning out exhaust?

Why run more oil than less? 70/75 to 1 is the recommendation of the oil manufactures, running extra oil just gases the bike up, woolly throttle responce, smokey exhaust, fouls plugs and extra mantence.

The steel parts of the exhaust can be cleaned by burning it out or cutting it open. the alloy section needs to be cut open to clean it out.

All are dirty jobs but do make a difference once done, enjoy

• 11 years later...

I have to 3 fantics 307, I get parts from Italy , it's called bosisio motori,  they have a website , they got a lot of parts , and 3 day shipping to USA.  Recommend ratio is like 30/40 to 1 , very rich in oil . Those machines will climb anything ,amazing bikes , I sold all my dirt bikes cuz of those 307 ,love them.