Ty 250 Flywheel

amiller

Rebuilding a TY 250 and have found that it has the wrong flywheel. It is way light. I was going to machine a weight to press on but I need to know about how much more weight I need to add.

If anyone knows what the stock flywheel should weigh or has a stock one to get rid of I would like to know.

Thanks

Aaron

Which TY are you referring to? If it's a mono then I can help as I've got a couple of standard ones and can weigh them for you. Furthermore if it is a mono you're after, I'm about to lighten one of mine so perhaps we could do a swap? :huh:

Ah, just realised that you're in the States, so a swap might not be that practical, but if you still want a mono flywheel weighing then let me know. :ph34r:

Edited by Hughesy

Have you had the bike running?

(if you havent had it running it mite run fine with that flywheel on it , if you go changing the weight you mite muck it up and you would then need to re jet it).

I would try the bike as it is first if you have built if from a box of bits

James

The bike is a "built from scratch", perimeter frame, modern geometery, twin shock. We just happen to be using a 75 ty motor that was laying around.

Looks like the flywheel might be off a motocrosser. We have the motor running fine but have not ridder the bike yet. Still building a tank.

The only reason for thinking we need the right flywheel is people that claim to know what they are talking about say it will stall to easy for trials applications.

It will get ridden with what we have first but competition starts soon and the bike needs to be ready.

Aaron

Aaron I have a flywheel on the shelf at home.I was about to put on e-bay to sell.I will weigh it and let you .I will send it to you from tenn. with one of your club riders,as I will not see you guys until the end of May.Jim

Thanks Jim. I may just have to buy that from you.

The frame is a complete home built. All cromeolly or however you spell it. Been watching to many of those bike building shows.

If I had a clue how to post pictures I would.

Aaron

Its simple to attatch a photo, Just Go the box called file attatchments underneath the text box in the post, click browse to find the file and then post as normal. I'd love to see some pics of your custom made bike. :(